The Jekyll Island Marathon (JIM) is the only 26.2 run being held on any of the Georgia barrier islands.
What: Marathon (26.2 miles), Half Marathon (13.1) & 10K
Where: Jekyll Island, GA
When: Sunday, January 16th, 2022
Please visit our Registration Page for more information and to sign up
Please check back here and on our JIM Facebook page for more information about our 2022 event!
Considered the “Jewel” of Georgia, Jekyll Island is the ideal location to host the JIM. The JIM course will showcase the natural beauty of the island and take runners past historic landmarks. Runners will pass under the canopies of the majestic live oaks, past the beauty of the salt marshes, and wide open beaches. The course will also transport runners to an earlier time when they pass through the Jekyll Island Club National Historic Landmark. This landmark is one of the largest ongoing restoration projects in the southeastern United States and attracts visitors from around the world. Whether you’re a seasoned marathoner or this will be your first you won’t want to miss the opportunity to run the JIM!
See our Updated Race Info below.
See our FAQs below.
Safety is of the utmost importance to the organizers of the Jekyll Island Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K. As with all of our events, we will be tracking the weather in the weeks and days leading up to the race. Please keep in mind that this event has a no refund policy and this includes if the race is cancelled due to an “act of God.” All race related items have already been paid for by the race production team.
2022 Weekend Schedule of Events:
We are working on the schedule but it should be similar to the one below:
Friday, January 14, 2022:
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Packet pick-up for all three races at the Westin Jekyll Island (JI)
- 110 Ocean Way, Jekyll Island, GA, 31527
- We will take new registrations if spots are available.
Saturday, January 15, 2022:
- 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Packet pick-up for all three races and Expo at the Westin JI
- We will take new registrations if spots are available.
- 5:00 and 7:00 pm – “Meet and Greet” Pasta Dinner Buffet and Beverage Specials available at the Westin JI
Sunday, January 16, 2022:
- 4:30 am – 6:30 am – Complementary “grab and go” breakfast for Westin guest-runners at the Westin JI.
- The Westin JI will provide each room with two vouchers for a Sunday morning breakfast to include whole fruit, breakfast breads, juice and coffee.
- Non-Westin guests are also welcome to come get a “grab and go” breakfast on Sunday for a fee
- 6:00 am – 7:15 am – Packet-pickup at the Westin JI which is also very close to the finish line
- However, we highly recommend picking up your packet prior to race morning
- We will take new registrations if spots are available.
- 7:15 am – Race morning briefings
- MANDATORY; Race morning briefings for both events at the Start line (The corner of Shell Road and Beachview Drive)
- 7:30 am – Marathon start
- 7:40 am – Half Marathon start
- 7:50 am – 10K start
- 8:30 am – Post-race snacks and recovery area at the finish line (Village Green by the Westin)
- 9:00 am – 10k awards at Village Green (planned time)
- 10:30 am – Half Marathon Awards at the Village Green (planned time)
- 1:00 pm – Marathon awards at Village Green (planned time)
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm – Race after-party! Come hangout and relax with us at the Village Green / Westin JI.
- Buffet dinner and drink specials available
- Outdoors at the Village Green/Westin
- Music and fun!
We are planning to keep the marathon and 10k courses the same with the exception of the start and finish areas. The start of all three races is at the corner of Shell Road and Beachview Drive. The finish for all three is at the Village Green by the Westin and shopping area.
- Runners will start at the corner of Shell Road and Beachview Drive and run north on Beachview Drive for about five miles.
- At about the five mile mark the runners will move onto the bike path and head back Southbound and enjoy scenic views of the marsh, oak trees and Driftwood Beach.
- Passing the 10k mark runners will stay on the bike path that parallels Beachview Dr and head South.
- Runners will make a left on Borden and follow the beach bike path past the Westin Hotel. You get yet another scenic view of the ocean here.
- Runners continue to head South and back onto Beachview Drive.
- Runners will stay in this three foot area until they turn left onto Harbor Rd and run under the Jekyll Island Causeway Bridge and pick up the bike path that will take them North through the Historic Village. Here you get to also experience some of the boardwalks that Jekyll Island has to offer.
- Runners will then reconnect with the bike path and will stay on the path until they reach the finish at Great Dunes park.
Half Marathon Course
- Runners will start at the corner of Shell Road and Beachview Drive and run north on Beachview Drive for about four miles.
- At about the 5.5 mile mark the runners will move onto the bike path and head back Southbound and enjoy scenic views of the marsh, oak trees and Driftwood Beach.
- You will also cruise into the Clam Creek area, and will stay on the path until they reach the finish at the Village GreenYour finish is the same as the marathon course.
- Runners follow the same path as above but turn at the three mile mark, returning on the Beachwalk path. You get a fantastic view of the ocean during the second half of your run!
- Your finish is the same as the marathon course.
Course Map – Marathon
Course Map – Half Marathon
Course Map – 10K
Updated Race Information
In case you missed the email that went out to all registered participants, here is a summary of the information:
- There is a $8 fee to enter Jekyll Island. This is paid at the toll plaza before you actually reach the island. Because we are expecting more than usual traffic on race morning, please allow for extra time and have your money ready. The machines also take credit cards, which is faster for you.
- All participants must pick up their own race packet and bib with their photo ID. No exceptions! Please have your ID ready at packet pickup. No ID, no race.
- If you have friends or family members on the fence, online registration closes Sunday, January 9th, 2022. This is also the last day to register for the marathon.
- After Tuesday at 12 midnight, anyone wishing to run the 10k must register in-person with their photo ID on race weekend at one of the packet pickups. Note prices will be higher on-site too.
- We will have Friday and Saturday packet pickups at the The Westin Jekyll Island and Sunday morning at the race venue. However, we *HIGHLY* recommend picking up your packet before Sunday.
- You can find the updated schedule of events, course map and description, parking maps and hotel partners and discounts below.
- Our host hotel is the Westin Jekyll Island. If you have not booked your hotel, now is the time: http://www.westinjekyllisland.com/jekyll-island-marathon
- The Sunday after-party is at the Westin starting at 11 am! They will have food and beverages available.
- Your on-course nutrition will be Tailwind Nutrition as the official sports beverage and water at each aid station. For marathoners, we will also have Hüma Chia Energy Gel gels starting at mile five.
2022 Jekyll Island Marathon, Half and 10k – FAQs
When is the Jekyll Island Marathon, Half Marathon and 10k?
January 16th, 2022. View additional information and a full weekend schedule.
How do I Register?
Registration for the JIM will close when either the cap has been reached or on January 9, 2022. Race day registration for all three events is based on available spots.
For the 10k, you can register in person on January 14-15, 2022 at the JIM Expo and packet pick up. Race day registration is available up until 7:00 AM for the 10K only if spots are still available. Please note that prices will be higher race weekend so we recommend you register early!
You must register by December 31 to guarantee your race t-shirt!
We do not mail swag, medals, awards or race shirts.
Are these races qualifiers for other races?
Yes, all three are USATF certified courses and can be used as qualifiers for other races.
Is there a time limit for the races?
We have a 7 hour time limit for all three races.
Will you cancel the race due to weather?
Safety is of the utmost importance to the organizers of the JI Marathon, Half Marathon and 10k. As with all of our events we will be tracking the weather in the weeks and days leading up to the race. Please keep in mind that this event has a no refund policy and this includes if the race is cancelled due to an “act of God”.
What is the minimum age to race?
The organizers of JIM feel that there is no age limit when you want to run! However, we do follow the rules and our minimum age to run the 10k is seven years of age and 12 for the marathon. All runners under 18 need their parent/guardian’s signature on the registration form. No exceptions.
What do I do if I cannot participate once I have registered?
All registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. Participants are also not allowed to defer their entries to another year or event. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund. However, if you can’t run but can volunteer we would love to have you! Any individual that volunteers during the JIM weekend will be eligible to receive half off to any Peak Racing or Quintanar running event.
Do you have a marathon relay?
We will not have a relay option for 2022.
Registration Confirmation – How do I know if I am registered?
You should receive a confirmation email shortly after you register. You can also confirm your registration by signing into your RunSignUp.com account and viewing your current registrations. If you have any issues or difficulties with registration please contact either Tony or Rogelio and they will assist you.
Can someone else pick up my race material?
All participants must pick up their own race materials. Due to the nature of these races, photo I.D. is required. Race materials will not be mailed.
What sports drink and gels will be on course?
Tailwind Nutrtion electrolye drink and HUMA energy gels
What do I receive with my registration?
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- A well marked course
- Race number/bib, official timing device/chip, and a technical long sleeved T-shirt
- Finishers in all three events will receive a commemorative “Finishers Medal”
- Water, Sports Drink and Gel along the course
- Post-race food and entertainment
- Water at the start and finish lines
Can I switch my registration from one race to another?
Yes, but only if the race you want to switch to is not already sold out.
You’ll be charged the difference in entry fees in effect at the time of upgrading. If downgrading, a refund will not be provided.
To switch races, head over to RunSignUp.com and log in with your user name and password.
Please note: A participant who completes a race other than the one for which they are registered will not be eligible for any awards (i.e., not be listed as a finisher with an official time). Furthermore, bandits are strictly forbidden from participating. Any runner on the course that does not have an official race bib will be pulled from the course and banned from any future Peak Racing and Q events.
Are strollers/baby joggers allowed on the course?
Strollers and baby joggers are allowed in the 10k and will have to start at the back.
Strollers and baby joggers are NOT allowed in the Marathon or Half Marathon.
Are headphones allowed?
While the JIM, half marathon and 10k discourages the use of headphones, we do not impose a ban on wearing these devices during either event.
Where can I sign up to volunteer?
We love volunteers and consider them the lifeline to all our events. Bring your friends and family! Make it a party! Sign up to volunteer.
How can I sponsor or partner with you and your events?
Contact us under the race contact info section of the RunSignUp race page. We promise to put your money, services or product to good use and to help you promote your company. Please contact Tony or Rogelio for sponsorship opportunities.